Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July at the Pittsburgh Zoo

My little boys are my life. I never lose sight of this fact, and on a day like today, July 4th, I am once again reminded that childhood is sacred. My husband and I took Ky and Baby Diggs to the Pittsburgh Zoo along with their Gigi (my mother-in-law), and the whole experience gave us all so much to laugh at, thus creating lasting memories for me and my family.

Never underestimate what small children can learn. Kylan knows the difference between a two-toed sloth and a colobus. To me, anything that swings from a tree in a tropical environment is a monkey.

"Look at the monkey, Ky!"

"No, Mama, that's not a monkey. That a lemur."

My bad.

Digby just took everything in from the convenient view of his Baby Bjorn. I admit, it kills my back, but any over-the-shoulder contraption that keeps baby quiet for hours at a time is worth the agony. Judging from Digby's coos and eyebrow raising, I believe the jellyfish exhibit was his fav.

Later we figured Ky, age two, would really dig the fireworks, as he did at age one. He response to the very first beautiful burst of light was, "Wanna go NIGHT, NIGHT! Hold me tight."

So I did. And he went to bed. Now it's my turn.

No comments:

 
Hit Counters