Saturday, July 5, 2008

My Husband's Romance Tactics


I will tell you, that before I had children, I was an extremely sexual being. My sex drive was higher than my husband's (then boyfriend), and I actually got angry when he was too tired to please my sexual demands. Our days consisted of getting up at a lazy 11am, going out to lunch, and then pawing all over each other for the remainder of the day. Dinner was squeezed in amongst seductive suggestions, and before you know it, we were destroying a neatly made bed by attempting new and exciting positions.


Then, only a couple of years later, I now look forward to a couple of hours uninterrupted sleep far more than a couple of hours of uninterrupted sex. I yearn for sleep. I know that if I can fit in a mere three hours, continuously, that I can function properly the next day.

Now, to be fair, I know that a happy marriage must have a healthy dose of happy sex. I'm down for that- or up, or on all fours, or whatever. However, I still need to be wooed. I want to be appreciated and loved, not insulted. Here is my example of an insult from my husband.

"Kylan just told me he heard a woodpecker outside. Would you like to see mine."

No, I wouldn't. In fact, never again after that comment.

Another example would be Hubby coming into the bedroom stark naked, after I've been asleep for several hours, waking me up with a harsh, "Hey, I've got something for you to suck on."

Really? Because I was just dreaming about how after an exhausting day with the kids, there isn't anything I'd like to do more! Hooray for the taste of penis!

My actual response is completely the opposite. I would much rather sever his member than than become a member of his Insensitivity Club. Please, any help with how I can bring my husband back to the land of romance and foreplay will be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

let me know when you figure that one out.

 
Hit Counters