Friday, August 22, 2008

Not Afraid to Admit It- I Have Children!


There is an unspoken phenomenon where a great deal of moms are hiding their true identities. They pretend like they don't have children. I don't understand these women. I get that these moms have their own lives, their own ambitions, and their own dreams, however, what I don't get is why they don't factor their children into their aspirations, or even act like they exist!




I was speaking to a fellow blogger about her blog. I told her my favorite part of her blog is where she wrote about her children. She responded with, "I don't like to write about my kids much, because then it becomes just one of those pathetic mom blogs.




Hi, my name is Misguided Mama, and I am a pathetic mom.




My kids have taught me more about myself that I have been able to learn about myself in the past 30 years. They are a reflection of who I am, and you can believe me, they most definitely are included in my life long goals. After all, having them here on this planet is an accomplishment in itself.




This blog doesn't exist to help boost my ego to see how many responses I can get, or to go on endlessly about what and who annoys me. I honestly just want to encourage myself (since no one actually reads this much) and others to be the best moms we can be, regardless of the many mistakes we've made in the past.




I'm not going to pretend to be perfect... but I must say that my kids make me feel like I am sometimes. So yes, I will write about my children in this blog. Whether or not you think that's pathetic might sum up your own definition of motherhood. And lastly, let's hope my fellow blogger's children never find out how she truly feels about suppressing her motherly pride. Apparently writing about her top ten favorite make-up products and whether or not to pay a personal trainer for private sessions are more self-defining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you go girl. i know exactly what you mean!

 
Hit Counters